Looking for a new, slightly naughtier way to integrate CBD into your lifestyle? These CBD Coffee Brownies, developed by our friends at Blackwater Bakes, are dead easy and dead delicious.
Packing a *strong* coffee-taste these are Pot Head approved and even give you an energising kick of caffeine. For those of you who avoid caffeine, use our Decaf CBD Coffee instead.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
CBD / Brownie: 40-50mg
4 Free Range Eggs
300g Caster Sugar
215g Unsalted Butter in Cubes
200g Dark Chocolate in Pieces
80g CBD Coffee – Espresso Grind
1tbsp Vanilla Essence
130g Plain Flour
65g Cocoa Powder
Optional: 1 Tsp / 5 ml of CBD Oil
(We used a 10% Oil)
Pinch of Salt
1. Turn the oven onto 150° fan, and line a 12″ baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Beat the eggs and sugar together, until thick and creamy and pale in colour.
3. Melt the chocolate either in the microwave for 30 seconds or heat in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Keep stirring until fully melted.
4. Then off the heat, add the melted chocolate to the butter and mix together until it forms a smooth creamy mixture.
5. Add the melted chocolate mixture to the beaten eggs and sugar, and beat gently until combined.
6. Then add the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, CBD oil and salt to the mix and beat gently until fully combined.
7.Transfer to the baking tray and smooth over with a knife, then bake for 35 minutes whilst turning half way through.
To check the mixture is ready, the brownie should be coming away from the sides and starting to crack on top. If it’s not quite ready, then continue cooking for a bit longer. It should still be a bit wobbly when it comes out as it will set more when it cools.